Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Final Submission-Initial Concepts

CONCEPT 1
Triangular forms always create the strongest foundation, as I gave a go for further exploration on how the chair is formed by 2 opposite interlocking triangles. Image above was my first attempt of the stool.

My challenge to design a chair is a lightweight, portable and comfortable seat yet still remain its aesthetic look.
___________________________________________________________

CONCEPT 2
As taken reference of my Hexagon stool design from Esquisse 4, I came up with this shape and the stool was made by using only one long piece of cardboard to fold.


Reference from the hexagon chair

___________________________________________________________

CONCEPT 3
The last concept was the most complete one as I like this chair in both its function and form. It has the backrest to provide the comfort and the structure is steady more than the first two tryouts.

The weak point of this design was having a connection point that attaches the backrest with its seat thus it becomes loose and bent over in long use.



1 comment: